UPS check SNMP not alerting

Richard Savage richard at newnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 10:33:48 CEST 2008

Hi

I have a slight issue in that the check that i am using to check the
UPS  battery via SNMP is not alerting correctly.  Im running Nagios 3
with Nagios plug ins and NRPE.  This particular check is being run over
SNMP using the MIB for percentage of battery remaining.  As can be seen
below the Nagios front end is reporting OK even though the battery is at
89%.  I have set the critical alert to be at 100%.

Battery time remaining    OK    09-16-2008 09:21:18        18d 17h 14m
35s        18d 17h 14m 35s        1/4        Battery Remaining OK - 89 %

This is the command being used to get the percentage of battery remaining:

define command {
        command_name    check_ups_minutes
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C local -o
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.33.1.2.4.0 -c 100 -l 'Battery Remaining' -u '%'
        }

Surely this would mean that if the value dropped below 100% it would
alert?  Why is this not happening??

Many thanks

Rich