Cannot use swapctl in the large files compilation environment on 23bit Solaris 10

Henti Smith Henti.Smith at investec.co.za
Mon Sep 15 09:25:04 CEST 2008

Good day,

I'm testing nagios from my 32bit solaris test machine and I cannot get
check_swap compiled. The config.log for ./configure --prefix=/opt/nagios
is as follows :

In file included from conftest.c:89:
/usr/include/sys/swap.h:50:2: #error "Cannot use swapctl in the large
files compilation environment"

I've looked around n the net and there seems to have been issues before
and code changes were made to fix this and seems to have been tested on
solaris 9 according to the entry in Changelog.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this ?

--
Henti Smith
Private Bank IT - Lending

Investec Private Bank
Telephone: (2711) 286 7735
100 Grayston Drive, Sandown, Sandton, 2196, South Africa
PO Box 785700, Sandton, 2146, South Africa
www.investecprivatebank.co.za
An authorised financial services provider

http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/emaildisclaimer.htm

The disclaimer also provides our corporate information and names of our directors as required by law.

The disclaimer is deemed to form part of this message in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to: disclaimer at investec.co.za