montitoring a system only via email-transport of status-informations

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 16:07:23 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 01:05:32PM +0200, Ralf Prengel wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> we are monitoring several system using ssh, snmp, nrpe and a lot of
> plugings.
> Now we have to check a server without any direct access. The only way to
> get informatiosn is using email.
> Has anyone docs or links how to transfer statusinformations via email
> from the server to the nagios-server?

Yes - I have done this, I created a new plugin that takes monitoring data and mails
it to another machine where it is injected into nagios. It works well, I have
been using it for a year or so.

I announced it to little interest, I'll check out what I have and put it up somewhere.
I may be part way though an upgrade of what it does, I can't remember since it is
some time since I have tinkered with it.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/