State-Retention in distributed Monitoring

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Tue Sep 9 11:02:43 CEST 2008

Hi

Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2008, 09:22 +0000 schrieb Assaf Flatto:
> First of - upgrade !
> version 2 already had state retention in reload (reading the config
> changes and implementing them -
> no restart required) so it goes with out saying that ver 3 has it too.
Yes, I expected an answer like that :-/

The problem is that we have a system with distributed servers at each of
our customers and the master server located at our RZ. As some of them
do not want to invest in new systems we have some old linux
distributions running that do not provide nagios2 and none of our
customers will pay us for compiling nagios2 to install it...
So as the configuration files are not compatible between nagios1 and
nagios2 it would be too much work that will not be payed...

On the distributed servers state retention works that's why I thought
that it also should work on the master server.

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de