NAGVIS minimal broker options

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Mon Sep 8 19:19:11 CEST 2008

In trying to implement NAGVIS on my system, I have been running into
performance issues where the NDO daemon/mysql consume vast amounts of
processor power, essentially bringing nagios and everything else to a
halt until they complete. This is a problem (I belive) with mysql, and
as such can't really be helped directly (except by moving the sql
server to another machine), however I was thinking it may be possible
to minimize the impact by telling nagios to broker less than
everything, on the assumption that nagios is sending some stuff to the
database that nagvis doesn't actually need. Is this, in fact, the
case? If so, what are the minimal broker options needed to make nagvis
happy? Thanks.
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.