ocsp_command option unable to complete - Code 127

Murali Edula medula at baytree.com
Thu Sep 4 22:48:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

We are configuring distributed monitoring using send_nsca. I am seeing
following error from

Nagios.log when ocsp_command executed by nagios service.

But I can run manually the same command as nagios user successful.

$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/test_nsca rome.baytree.com 'Current Users' 0
'USERS OK - 4 users currently logged in'

1 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.

Please help me what I am missing and why Nagios service giving me Code 127.
Even though script is existed in

/usr/local/nagios/libexec

See the following setup files.

===Nagios.log

[1220559119] INITIAL SERVICE STATE: rome.baytree.com;Current
Users;OK;HARD;1;USERS OK - 4 users currently logged in

[1220559429] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/test_nsca rome.baytree.com 'Current Users' 0
'USERS OK - 4 users currently logged in'" resulted in a return code of 127.
Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually exists...

===commands.cfg

define command{

             command_name            send-service-check

             command_line            /usr/local/nagios/libexec/test_nsca
$HOSTNAME$ '$SERVICEDESC$' $SERVICESTATEID$ '$SERVICEOUTPUT$'

              }

=== nagios.cfg

obsess_over_services=1

ocsp_command=send-service-check

ochp_command=send-host-check

=== localhost.cfg

define service{

        use                             local-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       rome.baytree.com

        service_description             Current Users

        check_command                   check_local_users!20!50

        }

Thank you

Murali Edula