nrpe script

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Fri Oct 31 23:50:37 CET 2008

Have you got sudo configured on your NRPE host?  I get this error on new
servers when I forget to add the Nagios/NRPE user to /etc/sudoers and
allow them access to run the plugins without needing a password.

Try running your command as the Nagios/NRPE user on your NRPE host like
so (alter path to sudo as appropriate):

# /usr/bin/sudo /usr/local/bin/python
/home/jesterj/report_loadscript_error_log.py

If this works, make sure that the path to your sudo executable is the
absolute path in nrpe.cfg.

Andy.