nrpe script

jeremiah jeremiah.jester at panasonic.aero
Fri Oct 31 22:33:57 CET 2008

No, I was trying to simulate a command prompt.

JJ

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 14:31 -0700, Patrick Morris wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, jeremiah wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have another question for you all that i haven't been able to
> resolve.
> >
> > I want to run a python script on my monitored hosts using the nrpe
> > command.
> >
> > On my server I am running the following command:
> >
> > # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H 10.10.10.45 -c
> > loadscript_check_error_log
> >
> > Every time i run the command above then i get the following error:
> >
> > "NRPE: Command 'loadscript_check_error_log' not defined
> >
> > On my monitored hosts, I've specified the corellary command
> > in /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg, then restarted the service.
> >
> > #
> command[loadscript_check_error_log]=python /home/username/script.py
> >
> > Am I missing something? Does the command[loadscript_check_error_log]
> > actually have to be a valid plugin in the plugins directory or am I
> > defining the action of running the script in this file?
> >
> > Note: This is the only command in my config that is not working for
> me
> > so unlikely a service issue but rather something wrong with my
> config.
>
> Is it in the config file commented out with a "#" like that?

Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information of Panasonic Avionics
Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
email and promptly delete the transmission.