Advanced authentication

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:28:22 CET 2008

You can use any type of authentication that apache supports.  For both
of your suggestions, you should look at:

LDAP Authentication
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html

Database backend Authentication
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html

Taylor

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Phillips, Dustin B (DBphillips)
<dustin.phillips at chartercom.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm new to the list.
>
> Question:  Is there an add-on or other method for enabling more advanced
> authentication for Nagios or is htaccess the only method?  I'm thinking
> something more like a MySQL database or LDAP, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dustin
>
> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
>

> The contents of this e-mail message and
> any attachments are intended solely for the
> addressee(s) and may contain confidential
> and/or legally privileged information. If you
> are not the intended recipient of this message
> or if this message has been addressed to you
> in error, please immediately alert the sender
>  by reply e-mail and then delete this message
> and any attachments. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are notified that
> any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
> or storage of this message or any attachment
> is strictly prohibited.

> any issue.

Taylor Dondich
Check out Lilac, a configuration tool for Nagios 3 at
http://www.lilacplatform.com

Check out my Shortcut with O'Reilly Press:
Network Monitoring with Nagios:
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596528195/index.html