API and Downtime Question

Derek J Balling derekb at answers.com
Mon Oct 27 13:56:26 CET 2008

I'm writing a script to open a maintenance window on one of our
servers any time a particular process is run. (When one of our backup
jobs runs, it stops MySQL replication, so until that program is
finished backing data up, replication will be "failed").

I found how I can easily schedule a service downtime for a given host/
service combination, but what I need to know is how to do so in a
fashion that will enable me to determine which "Downtime ID" is
relevant, so that I can delete that (and only that) downtime at the
conclusion of the script.

Also, where IS the "downtime ID" in the UI? I've tried adding a host/
service downtime using SCHEDULE_SVC_DOWNTIME, but if I use the comment-
id that I can see in the service detail as the argument to
DEL_SVC_DOWNTIME, it doesn't actually seem to be removed. What am I
missing?

Thanks!

cheers,

Derek J. Balling