Best Practises for a *NIX environment over multiple WAN's

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:54:56 CEST 2008

I think this screams for an NSCA relay agent so that you don't have to
actually have to make the changes on more than 1 nagios server, which is
what you'd currently have to do. Such an agent should work just like a
dhcp relay, get a request, buffer and try passing it on to the remote
nagios server, retry if the wan link is down etc...

Alternatively, for right now, a config framework like puppet + revision
control + scripted auto update/config change to passive check forwarding
on remote nagios server + reload would probably be a workaround to do
what you want so you only have to modify nagios in one place and the
other follows suit automatically. I love doing stuff like that.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities