How do I check if a website is up?

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 18:06:19 CEST 2008

However if you use a squid proxy, running the service on the cache would
be a better choice.

If not, running on your external gateway might be a good idea. After
all, if your internet connection goes down, it doesn't mean
www.google.com isn't available -- it means you can't see it.

--
Paul Weaver
Systems Development Engineer