check_ide_smart & commands.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Oct 16 22:38:03 CEST 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 2:25 PM, <ibloodyhatespam at gmail.com> <ibloodyhatespam at gmail.com
 > wrote:

> When I try to incorporate it into commands.cfg and add it to the
> localhost checks however, nagios refuses to load the updated scripts.

Telling us what it says when doing so is useful information.

> localhost.cfg:
> #define service{
>         use                             local-service
>         host_name                       localhost
>         service_description             SMART sda
>         check_command                   check_ide_smart!/dev/sda
>         notifications_enabled           0
>         }
>

> No useful output either (nor in the logs)...

Any output is useful output when troubleshooting; it eliminates
possibilities.

> Commenting both means everything loads fine again though, so the
> problem has to be in here.
> What exactly am I doing wrong?

You've commented out the first line of the service definition. Running
'/path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg' will cause nagios to perform
syntax checks on the config files and report errors.

--
Marc