Schedule downtime by triggers and/or by service group

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Oct 16 22:32:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Tillotson, Jeff wrote:

> I just had to schedule my first downtime in Nagios 3.0.3.  I ran into a few things that I want to ask about.
>
> 1) Is it possible to schedule downtimes by service group?

Yes. On one of the servicegroup pages (Summary, Overview or Grid) click
on the "short" name of the servicegroup. You'll see it.

> 2) When I tried to trigger a downtime of another scheduled downtime (a host) it got the end of the downtime right but started the downtime immediately.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

How exactly did you schedule this downtime? There are several different
ways downtimes start, and it's hard to say why this one did without
knowing what your parameters were.