contacts.cfg error.

jeremiah jeremiah.jester at panasonic.aero
Thu Oct 16 01:40:12 CEST 2008

Thanks for your response.

I'm seeing this line in nagios.cfg.

# Command definitions
cfg_file=/etc/nagios2/commands.cfg

What do you tihnk?

JJ

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 16:25 -0700, Sean McAfee wrote:
> jeremiah wrote:
> > Any thoughts on how to fix this one?
> >
> > ====
> > Checking contacts...
> > Error: Service notification command 'notify-by-email' specified for
> > contact 'root' is not defined anywhere!
> > Error: Host notification command 'host-notify-by-email' specified
> for
> > contact 'root' is not defined anywhere!
> > =====
> >
> > Here is my contacts.cfg file...
> The problem isn't actually with your contacts.cfg, it's just that
> you're
> missing the commands that are referenced (I know, it can get
> confusing).
>
> Is commands.cfg anywhere in your nagios.cfg? In a default install,
> that's where these would be defined.
>
> --
> Sean McAfee
> Collaborative Fusion, Inc.
>
> smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
>  412-422-3463 x 4025
>
> 1710 Murray Avenue, Suite 320
> Pittsburgh, PA 15217

> IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information
> and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of
> this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
> responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
> recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
> notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
> this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
> E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
> error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
> sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
> omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
> result of e-mail transmission.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information of Panasonic Avionics
Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
email and promptly delete the transmission.