Monitor nagios running on a different server

rmp dmd rmp.dmd1229 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:19:01 CEST 2008

Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it.

But most of the reply advised to use check_nagios to monitor Nagios process
on the local machine.

What I need is to monitor whether nagios for our production system
(installed on a different server) is running or has stopped.

I'm not sure if this can be checked via port and which port? ie
check_command                  check_tcp![portnumber]

Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Gerhard Lausser <Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de