check_mysql

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Oct 15 21:33:37 CEST 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 2:00 PM, jeremiah wrote:

> I want nagios to automatically check mysql services on my servers.
> However when i view the web interface i see that staus is UNKNOWN
> and it
> displays the usage for check_mysql. In what file am i supposed to put
> the arguments for this command?

Based on your command{} definition, they should be in your service
definition.

> Here is what i have so far in commands.cfg
>
> define command{
>        command_name    check_mysql
>        command_line    $USER1$/check_mysql -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -P $ARG1$
> -u $ARG2$ -p $ARG3$
> }
>
> and my services.cf file...
>
> define service{
> [chop]
>        check_command                   check_mysql
>        }

check_command should be something like --

check_command	check_mysql!<arguments for -P>!<arguments for -u>!
<arguments for -p>

See the last half of the Macro Substitution section of http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html

--
Marc