Host shows down while all services but ping show OK

Mark Young myoung at nagios.org
Thu Oct 9 23:39:01 CEST 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 4:17 PM, Masoud Tabrizi wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to monitor a windows based host over the internal
> network using Nagios 2.9 and nrpe_nt.0.8.
> Ping is not allowed over the network; I have setup the hosts and am
> able to get response for the disk, cpu, memory, but the host itself
> shows down as ping is not allowed over the network. Is there any way
> to get around this?

Make a new host check command.  Then define that for the hosts you
want.  It seems nrpe is working on your systems so just use a simple
check_nrpe command your host check on those hosts.

define command{
	command_name	new_host_check_cmd
	command_line	$USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    	}

define host{
<snip>
	check_command	new_host_check_cmd