Strange NRPE issue

Christoph Kluenter ck at iphh.net
Thu Oct 9 10:03:14 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 17:52:58 Francis Dube wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Nagios nagios-2.12_1 with NRPE nrpe2-2.11_1 to check if my
> display is working properly. I'm taking a screenshot every 4 minutes and
> then i compare it with the last screenshot. My script is working very
> well when it's ran locally but when i'm calling it from the server the
> screenshot isn't taken. I tought it was a right problem on the Xorg
> server, but i tried with "xhost +" (which do "access control disabled,
> clients can connect from any host"). Both ways i run the script with the
> user 'nagios'. The rest of the commands in the scripts work fine, the
> only problem is with the screenshot which is taken using this command :
> import -display :0 -window root /afolder/myscreenshot.png
Have you tried setting the PATH ?
Or using /usr/bin/import instead of plain "import" ?

Cheers,
      Christoph

Christoph Kluenter                   E-Mail: ck at iphh.net
Technik                              Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10
IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH      Fax: +49 (0)40 374919-29
Grosse Reichenstrasse 27             AG Hamburg, HRB 76071
D-20457 Hamburg                      Geschaeftsfuehrung: Axel G. Kroeger