Strange NRPE issue

Francis Dube nagios at optiksecurite.com
Wed Oct 8 17:52:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using Nagios nagios-2.12_1 with NRPE nrpe2-2.11_1 to check if my
display is working properly. I'm taking a screenshot every 4 minutes and
then i compare it with the last screenshot. My script is working very
well when it's ran locally but when i'm calling it from the server the
screenshot isn't taken. I tought it was a right problem on the Xorg
server, but i tried with "xhost +" (which do "access control disabled,
clients can connect from any host"). Both ways i run the script with the
user 'nagios'. The rest of the commands in the scripts work fine, the
only problem is with the screenshot which is taken using this command :
import -display :0 -window root /afolder/myscreenshot.png

I also tried to run the script over shh (ssh nagios at 1.2.3.4
/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_news) and this method is working as fine
as locally. So i think there's something wrong with the way NRPE execute
my script.

Anyone got an idea of the reason why the screenshot isn't working when i
run the script with NRPE ?

Thanks !

Francis