Full data logging?

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 19:26:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca> wrote:
> No, you need another system for using that data. Usually it is passed to
> one of the many RRD-based graphing system available. Some of them are
> based on Nagios (NagiosGrapher, PNP) or you can usually integrate it
> with other tools like Cacti with some additional work. My method was to
> use a daemon reading the performance data pipe and caching data for a
> sort period, and a cacti script to read it back. see:
> http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F2520.html;d=1

Thanks for your reply.

Sure I can use system such as ganglia to do the logging and generate
the nice graphs. The reason I don't like is since I am using nagios
for monitoring anyway, I don't want to install another program on my
production server which monitor the same set or data, which cost
additional cpu cycles, I/O etc.

So I am finding some more efficient, and easy to setup method to do the tasks.

Thanks anyway.