English and German Counters with NSClient++

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Wed Oct 1 11:16:14 CEST 2008

Klaus Umbach skrev:
> On 30/09/08 20:46, Michael Medin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> NSClient++ (version 3 and above) do not use the "counter names" so they
>> are no longer language specific.
>> The coutners.defs is there as a "fall back" so it is probably never used...
>>

> So is there a way of asking NSClient++ language independent for e.g.

Ahh... now I understand... no... (though I guess I could add it if you
want).
Feel free to make such a request at the trac site at nsclient.org and I
shall see if I can fix it (going to Germany for maschinenfest so might
take a week or two before you get it in a "nightly build").

Another option would be to "include" a "local.ini" file and have the
language specific counters there.
(look under the [include] section). But this would I guess require you
to make some "manual" handling so I think an index based solution would
perhaps be better.
Also there is WMI which does much of what PDH does but again the index
solution might be simpler...

// Michael Medin