Nagiosgraph graphs have gaps

Steve Burton steve at sliderule.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 22:52:01 CET 2008

Hi,

I  have  nagios  3.0.4 running on FreeBSD and I'm using nagiosgraph to
generate  rrd's  on  the  data.  I'm  visualizing  the  data with both
nagiosgraph and drraw.

My  problem  is that the graphs have gaps so I guessing that the rrd's
are  not  being  updated.  I'm  concentrating  on just one service for
debugging   and   I've  run  the  plugin  (which  I  wrote)  from  the
command-line  many times for a local server and I haven't seen it fail
to  connect  or  report  or to time out. It is as though nagios is not
checking  the service within the heartbeat of the rrd's in question. I
have  set  the service check interval to 5 minutes, which I believe to
be  the  default nagiosgraph step time and the heartbeat is set to the
nagiosgraph default of 600 seconds.

Can anyone advise me if if this is likely to be the problem and if not
how I can diagnose what is actually going on?

Steve.