Question about host checks

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Nov 26 15:44:06 CET 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 1:54 AM, Simone Felici wrote:

> Please help, noone has an idea?
> Ah, my Nagios version (Nagios 3.0.3).
> Also why all my hosts are checked more or less every 4 seconds? :(
> Thank's!

The information provided so far indicates that hosts will only be
checked on demand, as you expect. That means, probably, either the
information is incorrect or they're being checked on demand. Since the
normal interval for actions in nagios is measured in minutes, I'd lean
toward the on-demand side of things.

Can you post the host definition from status.dat.
Can you post relevant log entries for the host and any services on
that host near the host checks. You may need to increase your logging
options in nagios.cfg.
Is the 4 second number in any way significant to your installation? Is
your time_interval less than 60?
Debug mode is available to you to figure out what's going on. This is
almost certainly going to be your best source for resolution.

--
Marc