nsclient++ nsca and scripts

ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com
Wed Nov 26 06:43:09 CET 2008

Hi,

I think we dont have to specify the commands in the NSCA file ..... as it
is the passive checks that are reported on the NSCA server end.

Are you sure that you want to add it in NSCA cfg file?

Ankit Arun Mehrotra
Tata Consultancy Services
54, Hadapsar Industrial Estate,
Hadapsar,
Pune - 411 013,Maharashtra
India
Ph:- (020)-6608 6254
Buzz:- 420 6254
Cell:- 9881108390
Mailto: ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

"Simon Finch" <finchs at stgeorge.com.au>
11/26/2008 10:33 AM

<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] nsclient++ nsca and scripts

>>> "Curtis LaMasters" <curtislamasters at gmail.com> 26/11/2008 3:20 pm >>>
I've been searching around plenty for the last 5-6 hours and have not
found anything yet.  I would like to be able to run scripts on a host (SBS
2003) with nsclient++ installed and report back to my Nagios server.  I
have tried putting a script into the [NSCA Commands] area but keep getting
"Output: 'Command was not found: c:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe'".  Any
thoughts...

Curtis LaMasters

Hi Curtis,

cscript.exe is the needed to run the script and nsclient cant find it.

Find cscript.exe on your SBS 2003 host and include it in the environment
path or fix the path in the NSC.ini file.

Regards,

Simon Finch
ESM Team Leader
St.George Bank (Australia)
***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons. If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
AFSL 240902, St George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management
Limited
AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not
liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.
challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
reporting any issue.
ForwardSourceID:NT0002E3FA
and any attachments. Thank you