Nagios 3.0.5 not playing sounds in my Web browser? How to fix?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:29:24 CET 2008

Hi.   So I've installed the sound files from Nagios 2 (critical.wav,
warning.wav and hostdown.wav) to my media/ directory, and uncommented
the lines in cgi.cfg:

host_unreachable_sound=hostdown.wav
host_down_sound=hostdown.wav
service_critical_sound=critical.wav
service_warning_sound=warning.wav
service_unknown_sound=warning.wav

However when I go to my Nagios web site using Mozilla or IE, I don't
hear any beeps even though I have systems in Warning and Critical.

Web server log shows the WAV files are being downloaded.

So how come the browser isn't beeping?  How to make this work, please?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4)
Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Best,
Aleksey