nagios errors in system syslog file

Rudy Montemayor rmontemayor at huntoil.com
Tue Nov 25 16:44:23 CET 2008

Nagios Users,

I have been using nagios for several years and just recently upgraded to
Nagios 3. Since then I have been seeing a lot of nagios messages in the
system's syslog file such as the following:

syslog: Error: Unable to rename
file '/usr/local/nagios/var/spool/checkresults/checkf08036'
to '/usr/local/nagios/var/spoo
l/checkresults/ca19105': No such file or directory
syslog: Warning: Unable to move
file '/usr/local/nagios/var/spool/checkresults/checkf08036' to check results
queue.

Not sure if this is related but the pid of the nagios process is 8036:
  nagios  8036     1  0 12:14:33 ?         2:10 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -
d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Did I configure something incorrectly when I installed Nagios 3?

Thanks for your help. -

Rudy