Cannot disable individual servers / hosts

Charlie Reddington charlie.reddington at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 15:19:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm running Nagios 3.0.5.

I currently have about 5 different clients on my system for different
companies. So users are only added to see their own servers, except
for my user, which can see and do it all.

I CAN disable all notifications for the entire system. Process Info ->
Disable Notifications

I CANNOT disable notifications for a particular service. Service
Detail -> service check -> Disable Notifications

I have a user that can access everything - 'nagiosadmin' that is added
to the cgi.cfg file and even this user cannot do individual
notification disabling.

When I go through the disable process, I see this in my event log

	External Command[11-22-2008 08:14:41] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
DISABLE_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;Tenant602E;PING

But I don't get the icon, and I still end up getting alerts.

Here's the last two lines of my nagios.log file

	[1227362376] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
	[1227363281] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
DISABLE_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;Tenant602E;PING

I'm just not getting where things are going wrong here. If you guys
need any of my configs to help better troubleshoot this with me let me
know and I'll paste them up.

Thanks,

Charlie