Pingging with check_fping

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Nov 21 14:14:25 CET 2008

Hello all

I found a plugin check_fping in the nagios exchange that pings to each host.

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F1709.html;d=1

However, the timeout value and the thresholds seems to be not working properly.

Are there any ping plugins that can statisfy the following criteria?

1. Able to specify the actual timeout value of ping
2. Able to specify the count of ICMP packets to be sent
3. Able to specify the interval time between the ICMP packets
4. Able to specify the thresholds of rta and pl
5. If at least one ping packet is sent and received OK the plugin returns 0

It would be a great help if someone gives me an advice.

Thank you
Yu Watanabe