nagios not sending service alerts

alexus alexus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:46:03 CET 2008

define  contactgroup {
	contactgroup_name		staff
	alias				staff
	members				DAC2
	}

define  contact {
	contact_name			DAC2
	alias				XXX
	host_notification_period	24x7
	service_notification_period	24x7
	host_notification_options	d,u,r
	service_notification_options	w,u,c,r
	host_notification_commands	notify-host-by-email
	service_notification_commands	notify-service-by-email
	email				XXX at messaging.sprintpcs.com
	pager				XXX at messaging.sprintpcs.com
	}

define  command {
        command_name    notify-host-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios 2.12
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost:
$HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo:
$HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /usr/bin/mail -s "Host
$HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

define  command {
        command_name    notify-service-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios 2.12
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

d# file /usr/bin/printf
/usr/bin/printf: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 6.3, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped
d# file /usr/bin/mail
/usr/bin/mail: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1

http://alexus.org/