hosts.config

Layne Meier lmeier at ajc.com
Tue Nov 11 14:39:28 CET 2008

That's a perfectly good question.

Let's say for example that the servers that manage our backup system
run on Sun Solaris.  I need to notify our Unix Administration group if
something happens to the backup servers.  However, the administrator
of the backup system, is not in the Unix admin group.  In this
instance, I need to notify a group of people (Unix Admins) and an
individual (backup software administrator).

What I need help in figuring out is if I can add an individual contact
into the contact_groups list, or should I just add a contacts list
along with a contact_group listing.

Thank you,
Layne Meier
AJC Information Technology
Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A Cox Newspaper

On Nov 10, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
reporting any issue.