hosts.config

Layne Meier lmeier at ajc.com
Mon Nov 10 15:38:54 CET 2008

Would it be okay then to have a host entry in the hosts.cfg file like
this based upon the response I received from Dennis Hünsler:

define host{
	host_name			bogus-router
	alias				Bogus Router #1
	address				192.168.1.254
	parents				server-backbone
	check_command			check-host-alive
	max_check_attempts		5
	check_period			24x7
	process_perf_data		0
	retain_nonstatus_information	0
	contact_groups			router-admins
	contacts			lmeier
	notification_interval		30
	notification_period		24x7
	notification_options		d,u,r
	}
Thank you,
Layne Meier
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

On Nov 7, 2008, at 2:21 AM, Dennis Hünseler wrote:

Hi Layne,

regarding the config you can configure contacts in stead of complete
groups, but the keyword is contacts not contact as in your example :-)

contacts: This is a list of the short names of the contacts that
should be notified whenever there are problems (or recoveries) with
this host. Multiple contacts should be separated by commas. Useful if
you want notifications to go to just a few people and don't want to
configure contact groups. You must specify at least one contact or
contact group in each host definition.

Regards, Dennis