cool Nagios + DNX tutorial

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Sat Nov 8 18:34:18 CET 2008

Hi!

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008, Roger wrote:
> My buddy Pat at Petta Tech just put up a great DNX + Nagios tutorial
>
> http://nagioswiki.com/wiki/index.php/Nagios_%2B_DNX
>
> He did a good job of documenting how he worked out the various kinks. He's
> running about 5000 checks on 800 hosts, and the servers that have this
> running are HP DL360 G5s, dual quad cores, and 16Gb of RAM

He touches upon one thing that's a real showstopper for me with
DNX: it's pretty much unusable on 64-bit systems/installations.

Apart from that I *really* like it, since it makes a distributed
setup feasible (NSCA et al fall very short on that front).

Are the DNX devs reading along here? If yes: are there plans to
make it work on amd64? I'm willing to do some testing if that's
needed.

Regards,
Tobias

--