changing display of service description without losing history

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Nov 7 18:53:21 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 07:36 -0500, Sean McAfee wrote:
> Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > (To repeat, the problem is 'making it clear which alarms are higher
> > priority so that when you have a 100 at a time you know what to work on
> > first')
> You could always have multiple notification templates that include the
> internal criticality level - i.e. ** PROBLEM Host Alert: Level 1:
> sample.host.com is DOWN ** - and use templates to assign them to hosts.
> It'd take about as much configuration as your idea and uses the
> pre-existing mechanisms to accomplish the same thing.

How would this work in the web interface ? My current system of changing
the service_description allows me to sort all alarms and get them sorted
by priority.

As far as I understand what you said, your solution only applies to the
email/sms notifications, no ?

Thomas

--
slips her dress like a fly to the floor