check_ssl_certificate

Victor Lanza vicjalan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:57:19 CET 2008

Hi guys, I'm about go nuts here with this plugin. I'm running Fedora 8 with
Nagios 3.0.1.

I've installed the plugin I tested it via the CLI as follows:
./check_ssl_certificate -H 192.168.1.120 -c 7 -w 30

I get the following response:

m=Nov, d=6, h=20, m=25, s=34, y=2009, z=GMT

However when Nagios runs it, all I get is a big fat (null) on the interface
with a critical state.

I've changed my command file to look the following ways:
define command{
        command_name    check_ssl
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ssl_certificate -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_ssl
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ssl_certificate -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c 7
-w 30
        }

define command{
        command_name    check_ssl
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ssl_certificate -H 192.168.1.120 -c 7
-w 30
        }

None of which has worked, any way I put it, I still get a (null) output in
the Nagios interface. It works in the CLI under both the root and nagios
user. I really preferred this plugin because it allows me to specifiy a
warning and critical criteria. Has anyone had any luck using it or has some
insight into what I may be doing wrong?

--
Thanks in Advance,

Victor Lanza