Antwort: Re: email notifications

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Fri Nov 7 09:56:18 CET 2008

Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> schrieb am 07.11.2008 09:36:19:

> kellyjackie at eircom.net wrote:
> > I have nagios set up and configured monitoring some machines and
> > services. However i cannot get email notifications to work. When
> > installing nagios i installed mailx :i.e install apt-get mailx. will
> > this work as the web server sending out the emails or will i have to
> > set up SendMail or Postfix. If so does anyone have any simple
> > instructions on how to do this? Thanks in advance
> >

> You'll need some MTA software on the server, yes. mailx only queues
> messages for sending by the mta. I'm surprised mailx didn't require
> an MTA to be installed though.

Most likely exim or postfix is installed - depending on the debian/ubuntu
version, but not correctly configured. Please have a look into it and
configure it for using your local mailserver as relayhost.

Regards
        Sascha

--
Sascha Runschke
IT-Infrastruktur

fon      : +49 (201) / 102-1879
fax      : +49 (201) / 102-1102105
mobil : +49 (173) / 5419665

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522