Alerts for host down

Holikar, Sachin (ext) sachin.holikar.ext at siemens.com
Wed Nov 5 08:54:10 CET 2008

Hello,

We have setup Nagios 3.0 in our network. Everythings work fine except
when a host client is unreachable for a moment or so, we get
notification for all the services for that host alongwith the host
down/unreachable notification as well. Ideally Nagios should only notify
about the host and not its respective services as it is obvious that if
the host is down , so will the services running on it.
How can I set this in Nagios, is there any setting for this?

Thanks in advance.