PING is WARNING?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Wed Nov 5 08:27:29 CET 2008

I get a lot of these from Nagios, what does those mean? All this is local servers (on our LAN) so not sure why ping is sending a warning?

***** Nagios *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: PING
Host: host
Address: ip
State: WARNING

Date/Time: Wed Nov 5 00:03:54 CET 2008

Additional Info:

PING WARNING - System call sent warnings to stderr Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.19 ms

Is there a workaround? or perhaps a way to not notify on ping for just warnings?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj at havleik.no