Any numbers on sizing a nagios server?

Aaron Devey adevey at omniture.com
Tue Nov 4 23:32:12 CET 2008

We're using a similar hardware config to the one Jake mentioned below
and nagios 2.10.  We push nagios slave servers to anywhere between 6000
and 7000 services per slave (though service latency starts to climb
quickly around 7000.)  Most services are checked every 5 minutes.  The
master server handles all host checks.

We've been able to scale this config up to about 7800 hosts and 50000
services in a single datacenter.  This includes 1 nagios master and 8
nagios slaves.

Your mileage will vary and as Jake mentioned, your environment may have
a large impact on expected performance.

-Aaron Devey