OpMon.org !!! Why did you do this?

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:13:27 CET 2008

Hi there.  My name is Taylor Dondich, the author of Fruity, which you
pose at your configuration tool OpCfg.  I see you've made some
modifications to support some limited capabilities of Nagios 3.
However, I also see no mention of the projects you've used to fork and
pose as the projects as your own.  Nowhere in the Documentation have
you posted what the projects used to be.

And the funny thing is, this is the first time I've ever heard from
your company.  Not once was I contacted either personally or through
the Fruity mailing lists or through the sourceforge project. I would
have gladly accepted any patches or corrections/fixes to Fruity if
someone provided them, however on your homepage  you post:

"Basically, we are doing improvements in many open source projects and
sometimes it's not so easy to have these codes merged into main trunk.
This is normal, because each project has your own ecosystem, own rules
and some radical improvements may take much time before it can be
accepted."

It's a bit hard to swallow this if you've never even made the attempt.
 And it's hard to accept you guys as being good open source citizens
if you fork projects without even discussion with the existing
community.  And never mention the project name.

Sorry if this is such an irate e-mail, but when someone else even does
the slightest to attempt to make the hard work you've done and pose it
as their own with not even a mention or at least a cooperative effort,
it's very frustrating.

Good day.

Taylor Dondich

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Junior Cunha
<junior.cunha at opservices.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,

>   Line 76: if ( !isset( $_SERVER['argc']) )
>
>   Regards,
> Junior Cunha

Taylor Dondich
Check out Lilac, a configuration tool for Nagios 3 at
http://www.lilacplatform.com

Check out my Shortcut with O'Reilly Press:
Network Monitoring with Nagios:
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596528195/index.html