check_icmp issues warning and does not run

Nguyen, Tham Tham.Nguyen at nuance.com
Thu May 29 22:53:34 CEST 2008

Thanks Mathieu for your response.  However, after changing the setuid bit, I am still receiving the same error message (chmod u+s check_icmp).

-rwsrwxrwx 1 root   root    85170 May 15 16:26 check_icmp

ICMP   UNKNOWN   05-29-2008 13:42:24   0d 0h 22m 58s   3/3   Warning: This plugin must be either run as root or setuid root.