[Fwd: All hosts status undetermined in reports]

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu May 29 20:57:02 CEST 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 1:23 PM, Andy Shellam wrote:

> About the below e-mail I sent on Tuesday; the reports appears to have
> resolved themselves - all host statuses are now appearing as up from
> the
> 28th May onwards - not quite sure why they're showing as
> undetermined on
> the 27th because I have the event log covering all of the 27th,
> although
> there aren't any "CURRENT HOST STATE" lines in the 27th's log file,
> but
> there is in the 28th.

You've just explained it. Nagios couldn't determine the host state
from the log files for the date range +backtracked archives that you
specified and it won't lie by arbitrarily choosing a state to start.
You can either increase the count of backtracked archives to include
one that definitively sets the host state, choose the First Assumed
State or configure nagios to log_initial_states at each log rotation.

> Anyway.  It's still not possible for me to view the status of the
> "Telecity Router 1" or "Telehouse Router 1" hosts, with the same "you
> are not authorised" message, yet I can read the status perfectly
> fine in
> the other CGIs for these hosts.

I don't have a suggestion here and don't have the time right now to go
poking around in the code to see what it's doing differently for a clue.

--
Marc