check_mem errors

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Thu May 29 13:14:24 CEST 2008

Hello nagios fellows,

I am running a nagios test environment on CentOS 4 and RHEL4/5, and came to
recognize some errors in check_mem.pl:

- if used with option -f (checks free memory), it does not report back free
memory - the amount reported corresponds to cached memory.
- if used with option -u (checks used memory), it reports wrong
percentages, e.g. if 2.6 GB of 4 GB on a 32Bit System is used it reports 93
% used.

Are these known errors? I did not find much relating to that.
Is there a replacement for check_mem.pl?

Regards,

Dirk