Antwort: Re: NSCA and long output

Thomas Borger Thomas.Borger at esg.de
Thu May 29 06:58:14 CEST 2008

, Aaron Mills wrote:
> > What I'm really trying to get is multi-line output. Nagios/NRPE
> > supports
> > this (v3.x) e.g.:
> >
> > TEXT OUTPUT | OPTIONAL PERFDATA
> > LONG TEXT LINE 1
> > LONG TEXT LINE 2
> >
> > This works for NRPE, but not with NSCA, since NSCA can only take a
> > single line as an argument.
> >
> > What I'm trying to achieve is sending process monitoring data back
> > passively like so:
> >
> > PROCS OK:
> > Proc1: 3 processes running
> > Proc2: 1 process running
> > Proc3: 1 process running
> >
> > Any ideas?

Hi Marc,

I have a simila requirement here. As i refer before, i have change the two
values in common.h (NSCA) and nagios.h (Nagios) to synchronize the
MAX_INPUT Buffers to 7168 Byte.
Then I recompiled all NSCA-Versions (Linux and Windows), Nagios and wrote
my own plugins for some
checks which produce one output line like:

check test OK = host a<BR>host b<BR>host c<BR>host d<BR>

The Nagios-GUI interpret the HTML-Tag and show your multiple lines if the
corresponding switch in cgi.cfg
is set. (escape_html=0)
In my case are round about 15 lines possible.

best regards
Thomas