NSCA and long output

Aaron Mills aaron.mills at returnpath.net
Wed May 28 18:54:17 CEST 2008

What I'm really trying to get is multi-line output. Nagios/NRPE supports
this (v3.x) e.g.:

TEXT OUTPUT | OPTIONAL PERFDATA
LONG TEXT LINE 1
LONG TEXT LINE 2

This works for NRPE, but not with NSCA, since NSCA can only take a
single line as an argument.

What I'm trying to achieve is sending process monitoring data back
passively like so:

PROCS OK:
Proc1: 3 processes running
Proc2: 1 process running