[Nagios-users] Bug in 3.0.2 with service escalation contact groups

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Wed May 28 00:18:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

Andy Shellam wrote:

> Good point.
>
>  From my amateur experience with C, I know the "," will split the string
> "contactgroup1, contactgroup2" into "contactgroup1" and " contactgroup2"
> (note the space.)

Yes. That's what I thought. :-/

> Whether Nagios would then realise that " contactgroup2" and
> "contactgroup2" should be the same thing, I'm not sure.

strip() is called after the parsing of hostescalation's contactgroups
but not after the parsing of:
- hostescalation's contacts
- serviceescalation's contactsgroups
- serviceescalation's contacts.
- And some other places where comma separated values are authorized like
*_commands. Note however that *_options, *_coords and timeranges should
not need call to strip().

/* strip newline, carriage return, and tab characters from beginning and
end of a string */
void strip(char *buffer)

So the example I gave you before would only work for hostescalation's
contactgroups but not anywhere else.

A cleanup should be done by removing the white-space delimiter and
adding strip() calls where necessary.

--
Mathieu Gagné