All hosts status undetermined in reports

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Tue May 27 23:55:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've recently set up by Nagios 3.0.2 server as a clean install rather
than an upgrade from 2.x.

I have active host checks set up as well as service checks.  Yet when
I report on my hosts, they all come back as "100% Undetermined."  What
are the possible reasons for this?

The services report OK, but host statuses do not.

Also, if I try and view a report just for "Telehouse Router 1" or
"Telecity Router 1" I get the message "It appears as though you are
not authorized to view information for the specified host..." yet I
can through all other CGIs.

I'm wondering if this is related to my problem earlier with spaces in
name definitions?  That doesn't, however explain why all hosts are
undetermined, as my other hosts are single-word names (e.g. Sydney.)

Thanks,

--
Andy Shellam
Business Systems Architect