[Nagios-users] Bug in 3.0.2 with service escalation contact groups

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue May 27 20:30:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Andy Shellam wrote:

> The lines
> you sent for the host escalation were actually for the host itself!  The
> host escalation's contacts also had a space in the strtok() functions,
> which explains why a host escalation wouldn't register "Andy Shellam" as
> a contact name, but would recognise "NetServe Support" as a contact group.

You are right. Sorry for this mistake.

This however reinforce my statement regarding the inconsistency I found
across the source code. Should the white-space be considered as a field
separator or not?

Somebody should verify the entire source and make sure the same behavior
applies everywhere.

Also, by removing the white-space separator, will this still work? (note
the white-space)

define hostescalation {
     contact_groups    contactgroup1, contactgroup2
}

--
Mathieu Gagné