Implied inheritance for contact_groups

patrick meineimer at yahoo.de
Tue May 27 11:06:47 CEST 2008

Hello

I have specified the following config. Nagios is Version 3.0.2 on CentOS5.1.

define host{
  use             generic-host
  host_name       srv-app1
  alias           Server App1
  address         192.168.1.15
  contacts        nagiosadmin
  contact_groups  Group1
  }

define service{
  use                  normal-service
  host                 srv-app1
  service_description  MyService
  check_command        check_nrpe...
  }

I refer to this documentation
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectinheritance.html#implied_inheri
tance.

If "MyService" fails, notification for service should inherit the
contact_group of host "srv_app1" and send notifications to the contact group
"Group1". In my setup, only contact "nagiosadmin" but not the members of
"Group1" are notified. So implied inheritance seems to work only for
contacts but not for contact_groups.

If I specify the contact group "Group1" in "MyService" directly,
notification is send out to "nagiosadmin" and members of "Group1".

Do I miss somthing to get working implied inheritance host/services for
contact groups?

Best regards
Patrick