Problem with CHECK_SAP_CONS

Novak, Mark mark.novak at eds.com
Fri May 23 18:35:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

For the sake of anyone that might be curious or runs into a similar
problem-

I posted on nagios-portal.de thinking (rightly) that there would be more
SAP users over there in Germany.  One of the posters there came up with
the solution:

The main problem was that for testing I was using my login, which has
SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.  You have to follow the steps outlined in Wolfgang
Barth's book to create the RFC user.  Once that part was done, the
initial connection was made.  The second problem was that when the
plugin queried the SAP system, it (or the RFC call) converted the
password to upper case.  SAP is case sensitive, so I went ahead and gave
the new RFC user an all upper case password.

>From that point on, everything worked great!

Thanks,

Mark Novak
EDS SAP Practice